Dr. Yan Wu
Department of Computer Science
Universty of Nebraska at Omaha
Interests : Software Assurance, Software Engineering, Data Mining, Knowledge Management
1. Wu, Y., Gandhi, R. A., Siy, H. Semi-automatic Annotation of Natural Language Vulnerability Reports. International Journal of Secure Software Engineering (IJSSE), 2013. (Won the Sixth Annual Excellence in Research Journal Awards - outstanding article for 2013)
2. Gandhi, R.A., Siy, H., Wu, Y. Studying Software Vulnerabilities, CrossTalk, The Journal of Defense Software Engineering, Sept/Oct issue 2010.
3. Wu, Y., Chen, Y., Zhou, B. The Automated Test Strategy of IDE Based on Multi-Core Processor Platform, Application Research of Computers, July, 2004
4. Wu, Y., Chen, Y., Chen, W. The Cascade Mechanism and Application Research of The O/R Mapping Framework Hibernate, Computer Applications, October 2004.
5. Gao, C., Chen, Y., Wu, Y. The Technology Analysis of Conformity of XML and Database, Computer Applications, October 2004.
6. Chen, W., Chen, Y., Wu, Y. New search engine ranking algorithm based on categorization — CategoryRank, Computer Applications, Vol. 25 No. 5, May 2005.
7. Gandhi, R. A., Siy, H. and Wu, Y., Lightweight Formal Models of Software Weaknesses. FormaliSE2013 at the 35th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2013), San Francisco, United States. May 2013.
8. Wu, Y., Siy, H. and Gandhi, R.A, New Ideas and Emerging Results Track: Empirical Results on the Study of Software Vulnerabilities. New Ideas and Emerging Results Track at the 33rd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2011), Honolulu, Hawaii. May 2011.
9. Wu, Y., Gandhi, R.A, and Siy, H., Using Semantic Templates to Study Vulnerabilities Recorded in Large Software Repositories. Proc. of the 6th International Workshop on Software Engineering for Secure Systems (SESS'10) at the 32nd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2010), South Africa, Cape Town. 2010.
10. Siy, H., Wu, Y. An Ontology to Support Empirical Studies in Software Engineering. 2009 International Conference on Computing, Engineering and Information (ICC2009), Fullerton, United States, April 2009.
11. Wu, Y., Siy, H., Fan, L. Discovering Meaningful Clusters from Mining Software Engineering Literature. The Twentieth International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (SEKE’08), Redwood City, United States, July 2008
12. Wu, Y., Wang, Z. Using 2-interactive Measures in Nonlinear Classifications. 26th Annual Conference of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society (NAFIPS’07), San Diego, United States, June 2007.
13. Wu, Y., Siy, H., Zand, M., Winter, V. Construction of Ontology-Based Software Repositories by Text Mining. International Conference on Computational Science 2007, Beijing, China, May, 2007.
14. Wu, Y., Zand, M., Siy, H., Winter, V. Systematic text-mining approach for deriving aspects and patterns from domain knowledge. The 28th International Conference on Software Engineering, Shanghai, China, May 2006.
Analysis of different categories of test-cases which are under specified software weaknesses with the help of code-surfer a grammatech product(www.grammatech.com) to look for their commonalities and differences to help formalization of those conceptual-level software weaknesses.
Review papers for ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education Conference 2015, Kansas City, Missouri, March 2015.
Review papers for CrossTalk The Journal of Defense Software Engineering since 2014.
Review papers for IEEE STC 2014.
Review papers for Annals of Operations Research (ANOR) since 2013.
Review papers for the journal of Security and Communication Networks since 2012.
Review papers for International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making since 2012.
Review papers for KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems since 2012.
Review papers for International Conference on Computational Science 2007, Beijing, China, May 2007.
Program Committee member for IEEE Region 10 Technical Symposium (TENSYMP) 2015. http://www.tensymp2015.org/theme_Internet_of_things.php
Program Committee member for the 6th International Symposium on Cyberspace Safety and Security (CSS 2014). http://conference.css2014.studiocheik.fr/committees/css2014/front_page
Program Committee member for 2013 Winter International Conference of Communications and Networks (WICCN2013) http://www.wiccn.org/Organizing.aspx
Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Communications (IJC).http://www.seipub.org/ijc/PageInfo.aspx?PARAMS=VGl0bGVeRWRpdG9yaWFsIEJvYXJkXkZpbGVOYW1lXkVkaXRvcmlhbEJvYXJkLmh0bQ_0_0
M-W : 9:30-11:30 am and 1:00-2:00 pm
Tu : 9:30-10:30 am
All other times by appointment.